Thursday, May 11, 2006

Spa Day!

We've been on vacation this week, and boy what a week it was. We went to Phoenix, Arizona on Friday and returned on Tuesday. Phoenix itself was okay, but the scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I could totally get used to seeing mountains every day. And while it was hot, I could tell the difference immediately. Much nicer without the humidity. We did miss the 100+ degree days, that happened after we left. Mike's blog has more detail about the trip, so I won't repeat. But the train ride was really fun, and the scenery around Sedona was just gorgeous.

Today was Spa Day. As an early graduation gift, Mike got me a "Day at the Spa" from BJ Grand Salon & Spa. Talk about relaxation and pampering! The morning started out with a full body massage. Laura is a Director, which is the highest level BJ's has. I could immediately see why. She made me feel very comfortable, and she gave a damn good massage. Even the other times I saw her she was very friendly and kept asking how I was doing, if she could get me anything. In other words, she made me feel like a princess!

Next up was a facial and eyebrow wax with Debbie. I wasn't sure what to expect, since my experiences with waxing at home were dubious. But it only hurt for a second, and the difference is amazing. The facial was so relaxing, and my skin still feels shiny and new. She used a seaweed mask, the first of many seaweed treatments of the day.

Next was a pedicure with Jo, which was also a first for me. This also involved a seaweed treatment, which was a bizarre yet nice feeling. The mixture is warm and you can feel it crackling and popping. This helps release the toxins, and she mentioned that she gave a pedicure once to someone who was drinking vanilla martinis the night before, and after she did the seaweed treatment she could smell the vanilla. Remind me to watch what I eat next time I have this done!

After a short lunch break, it was time for the manicure. Again, there was a seaweed treatment. I'm starting to understand how sushi feels. I gotta admit, my hands were smooth and shiny when she was done. Remember what I said about toxins? She knew that I had eaten a few onions in my lunch!

Last stop of the day was a hair treatment with you guessed it-seaweed! Lori gave me a really nice head massage first, and then it was time for slime. Then a shampoo, and a blow dry, and it was all over. I felt so relaxed, it was almost hard to drive home. This was definitely a wonderful present, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks so much honey!!!

2 comments:

Mike said...

You're welcome! :-)

Uncle Larry said...

Sounds like someone's getting softened up for the, "Honey, I think we need a Charger" speech.