Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Words of Advice

I've been taking yoga classes for the last 2 years, and along the way I've learned some things. The problem is, I don't often remember to take my own advice.

The first thing to remember is to throw away the deodorant that has been sitting in your desk drawer for the last six years or so. When deodorant is sitting around for that long, it can't be good. Sure it smells all right, but it tends to crumble after being applied to your armpits. This means that you have deodorant dingleberries under your arms, and that's just not attractive when you're wearing a tank top. Not to mention that every time you raise your arms (which is frequently), some of these dingleberries fall off. I think I spent about half of my last class brushing deodorant crumbs away from my pants and my yoga mat. On the plus side, it did make the class go by really fast.

The next bit of advice comes with a warning-it may include Too Much Information. If you're not comfortable reading about my underwear just stop now.

Always always always wear comfortable undies when practicing yoga. I cannot stress this enough. No thongs, no cheeky panties that may crawl. Stick to the basic full coverage panty. In fact, this might be the only situation where granny panties are acceptable. Seriously, if you wear anything that tends to move and shift there is a good chance that the underwear will end up in a place it really isn't supposed to be. You may even be cut in half (hmmm....a plot idea for CSI?)

So, if you start practicing yoga, remember to breathe, calm your mind, and wear comfortable underwear. Now if I could just remember to take my own advice....

No comments: