Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's 10:30 on Wednesday morning, and I just got out of the shower. What does that mean? I'm on vacation, whoo-hoo! Laura (Mike's sister) and Dave are getting married this weekend, and we're both standing up in the wedding. So we're heading north tomorrow to start the festivities. I decided to take a few days off both before and after because I really need some time off, especially after yesterday's big announcement. We assumed that the branches would close, but to have to sell them as well as the accounts is quite shocking. There's also some really good people at those locations that I don't want to lose. But to be perfectly honest, there's one or two that I won't be sorry to see go.

So what's on tap for the rest of the day? Maybe a trip to the mall, but a really quick one. I want to spend some time outside soaking up the 90 degree sun. Picture a field of freshly fallen snow with the sun beating down on it. You know how white that is? Well let me tell you, my legs are even whiter! Something tells me while I'm sitting in the sun I may have to have a mojito or two to cool off. And JB's coming over after work tonight-she's keeping an eye on the cats while we're gone. And then running a few errands and packing. I'm sure I'll have some pictures to post once we get back!

No comments: