Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

So I had a hair appointment this weekend, and I decided it was time for a change. No more long hair, no more red. I dyed my hair back to close to my natural brown color, and had it cut real short. Meet the new Trixie:



It's taking me some time to get used to this-right now it feels like it's in a pony tail but without the tail. Washing it this morning was a little weird too, I'm used to being able to grab my hair and wring it out, but I can't do that anymore! I guess with all the money I'll save on shampoo and conditioner I'll spend on styling products.

3 comments:

Dave and Laura said...

I like it! It looks very nice!

Lisa Meltzer said...

Oo! Nice do!

About three years ago, I decided to grow my hair out really long so I could donate it to one of those organizations that makes wigs for cancer patients. So, I grew my hair down to my butt and had it all cut off last December. It felt great. What always happened to me when it got really long is that I'd roll over on it in my sleep and wake up in the middle of the night thinking that I was paralyzed from the neck up because I couldn't move my head.

I haven't had my hair cut since, and I can't decide whether I want to keep growing it out or maintain a shorter cut. My problem is, I really just find that going to the hair salon is a big pain in the ass. There are so many other things I'd rather be doing.

Trixie said...

I'm with you on the salon being a big pain in the ass-it took 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get my hair cut and colored. Not a fun way to spend a day off! I thought about donating my hair, but my stylist said it had to be at least 10 inches, which it wasn't in length but sure was in volume......