Friday, October 06, 2006

Dude, Pass the Doritos

Am I the only the one that's confused by this story? I thought pot was supposed to kill brain cells and cause memory loss, now they're saying it might actually prevent the progression of Alzheimer's disease. What next, are they going to say that drinking alcohol will actually help your liver in the long run? Eating McDonald's will help you lose weight? Eating chocolate is good for your heart? (Oh wait, that one's true.)

I can already picture the nursing homes of the future, and what festive places they will be. Instead of folks dozing into their applesauce while watching Price is Right and Jeopardy, the residents will be laughing and giggling, munching chips and brownies while watching Comedy Central. The term "old person smell" will take on a whole new meaning. And forget the stereotype of the person forgotten in the nursing home, I bet the relatives will start visiting with the hopes of catching a contact buzz.

Oh, what the future will bring!

1 comment:

Lisa Meltzer said...

Since Alzheimer's runs in my family, I'm holding out for the "Alzheimer's is Good For You" headline.

Actually, I'm hoping that my family members will go all Old School and laugh at my funny Alzheimer's antics. "Look at funny old Lisa talking to the drywall," they will say. "She is a lovable, senile ol' bat."