Monday, April 02, 2007

Driving Under the Influence

License plate spotted today-MN SQWZ 4. Seriously, you're fourth on the list of main squeezes and you're proud of that????

There really needs to be a disclaimer on the new Tossers CD-Agony. I was driving to work the other day and almost got into an accident. It's hard to drive while your toes are tapping and you're fighting the impulse to jig and reel. I don't even know how to jig and reel, but it doesn't really matter. It's hard to sit still and listen to it. Irish folk music meets Irish drinking music, how cool is that?

We picked up the CD last week when we saw them open for Reverend Horton Heat. This is the second time we've seen The Tossers, and I wish they would have played longer-40 minutes wasn't nearly enough! They opened with one of my favorite songs, "I've Pursued Nothing", which was on In The Valley of the Shadow of Death. What's so fun about their shows is that even if you don't know the songs, it really doesn't matter. You can catch on pretty quickly and sing along. It's also a lot of fun to watch the crowd, but we had a great vantage point and I could actually see the band.

Reverend Horton Heat was a lot of fun too. The crowd was really getting into it, and they put on a fantastic show. Some of their little tricks were amazing-at one point The Rev was standing on Jimbo's bass while they were both playing. I didn't think I knew that many songs, but there were a lot that I was singing along to, so I guess I knew more than I thought. This was one of those bands that I was always aware of, but never knew what they sounded like. If only I had listened to them sooner!!

If either of these bands are in your area, definitely go check them out!

No comments: