Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Albacore Tuna Stir Fry

Here's another one of our favorite recipes:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as pea pods, bean sprouts, and baby corn
1 (7-ounce) pouch Albacore Tuna
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sugar
hot cooked rice

In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic until onion is soft. Add vegetables; cook about 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tuna, soy sauce, lemon juice, water and sugar. Cook 1 more minute; serve over rice.

I could probably eat this every day. I got the original recipe from Starkist, and made a few modifications. The original recipe calls for frozen vegetables, but I found that too mushy. You can use whatever veggies you want. I've also made it with imitation crab meat instead of tuna, which was really good. Another time I had to substitute regular tuna, which was only okay. And this recipe is very quick. I usually start the rice when I'm prepping the veggies, and the timing works out perfectly.

Enjoy!

No comments: