Monday, August 14, 2006

I Want A Meerkat


And not just one, because they are social creatures and can't survive on their own. I want a whole family. I've already got it figured out. Since we've already redone the guest bedroom, we'll have to use the office. We'll just take everything out and fill it instead with sand so they can make their burrows. And maybe install some heat lamps, since they are desert creatures. An added benefit-they eat things such as giant centipedes and scorpions, so we would never have to worry about being overrun by those insects.

Or maybe I should just stick to watching Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. That way sand won't get all over the house.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Or maybe neither. Meerkats are rats that stand on thier hind legs. If you got one or more I'd have to invest in a pellet gun.

Dave and Laura said...

Correction, my brother...they are not even loosely related to rats. They are in the mongoose family. They are more closely related to cats and dogs than they are rats! Although, having worked with them I will have to side with Michael on this one...Traci you don't want them , trust me. But they are pretty damn cute, huh? :)