Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything! Sorry I've been away, it's been a hectic couple of months. Work has been driving me crazy, and it's probably a good thing I haven't blogged about that. Bank mergers suck, end of story.

But it's not all been bad. If you read Mike's blog you've been keeping up on what we've been doing. A trip to Chicago, Thanksgiving at home with friends, Christmas in Milwaukee, some good movies-that pretty much sums it up.

We didn't do too much for New Years Eve. We were invited to a couple of parties but wanted to go out to dinner and see a movie instead. We tried to go to Farren's, but they were closed and decided to try Nitaya Thai instead. We hadn't heard completely positive things about that place, but you don't know until you try, right? The service was great, but the food was only ok. I had shirmp pad thai, which was rather oily. They also left the tail on the shrimp making it messier to eat. Mike had pad see ew, and while the meat and veggies were good, the noodles were overcooked and mushy. But overall the experience was good, and while we probably won't go back I'm glad we at least tried. After dinner, we headed to Boardman's to see Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. I gave it three stars on Netflix-there were some great performances, but the way the story was told was a little too melodramatic. I think the movie was trying too hard to be like Memento with the flashbacks. We then went home, opened a bottle of wine, and watched a little TV before deciding to watch Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny.

We finished watching the movie this morning (wine makes me sleepy!!!), and haven't done much of anything at all today. It's snowing outside, and both of us are feeling pretty lazy. I've got Italian beef in the crockpot, and the first ever NHL outdoor hockey game in the US on TV-I love hi def! We were invited over to one of my coworker's for the Rose Bowl, but I think we'll just stay home and watch it here instead-I really don't feel like leaving the house! Maybe later we'll pop in Live Free or Die Hard. I'm really enjoying the writers' strike-we're able to catch up with a lot of movies.

More later, but for now Happy New Year!

No comments: