Saturday, June 24, 2006

The little victories

I'm on lunch break right now from my Tolkien class, so I thought I'd check in and update on Sam's progress. We're still not sure what's entirely wrong with her. She's starting to have some problems walking. She tends to fall on her left side, and sometimes she'll just sit there for a while, like she's not sure what happened. She went to the vet on Wednesday, and again it was "wait and see". She went back on Friday, and they drew blood and urine in order to test for possible urinary tract infection, as well as other infections that could cause her other symptoms. I dropped her off in the morning and went to go pick her up at lunch. The vet thinks she may have some limited vision, so that's a good sign. She is concerned that Sam's temperature is a little low, so she recommended a heating pad lined with a blanket. While I was talking to the vet, I looked at Sam (who was in her carrier), and saw something I haven't seen in over a week-she was grooming! I'll admit it-I started crying when I saw that.

So back home and back on antibiotics. She's still stumbling around, but she's also starting to "talk" a little more, and I saw her licking her forearm this morning. She's also been using her box (hooray!), so I'm taking the little improvements. We should have the results of her tests back on Monday or Tuesday, so hopefully it will be something definite where they say "yes, she has this, this is how we treat it".

Other than that, not too much has been going on. I think I'm at the official halfway point with my class, so that's pretty exciting. We spent the morning talking about the mythology behind The Lord of the Rings, and divine foreknowledge vs. free will. I think we're talking about good vs. evil this afternoon. Hopefully the professor will talk about the paper we have to write. I've got a couple of possible topics, but I'm not sure if they would be strong enough. We'll have another test this afternoon too.

I just heard the Xbox 360 start up. I have to admit it's pretty cool, and the high definition picture is incredible. Mike downloaded some movie trailers the other day, and they were amazing. We've come a long way from Atari 2600!

No comments: