Friday, June 09, 2006

Update on Sam

Well, her Royal Highness is doing very well. She came home on Tuesday and went straight for her food dish. She then spent most of the night sleeping. That's pretty much a typical night for her anyway. The vet was going to get back to me on Thursday with her lab results. After playing phone tag, I finally talked to her today. Samantha's bloodwork is excellent for a cat her age. There is a little concern that she may have a urinary tract infection. I stopped at the vet's on the way home and picked up some pills. Giving her medication is usually not fun, and I finally have it down to a science. Her pills are ground up and put in a little bit of canned food, which she normally doesn't get. You would think she would realize by now that the only time she gets the good stuff is when she has to take medicine, but she probably just doesn't care. Nothing like beef and chicken entree-yum yum! I'm also supposed to obtain a urine sample when she's done with the medication. I am so looking forward to that.......

1 comment:

Dave and Laura said...

Have fun collecting urine. Let me know if you need some pointers!