Friday, July 07, 2006

The Price of Cute

I bought these really cute wedge shoes about a month ago, and I haven't really worn them yet. Mostly I've worn them around the house here and there, but I haven't done any serious walking in them. I decided to wear them to class tonight, since the heels are so tall they would go well with the longer jeans I was wearing. After all, I'll be sitting on my butt, no big deal, right?

Wrong. They started hurting my feet pretty much as soon as I got to class. The upper part was rubbing against the tops/sides of both feet. They're slip ons, so I kept slipping them off to give my feet a break. Usually on breaks I walk around the building, but not this time. During the second break, I slipped them off and made a comment about my feet were killing me. A couple of my classmates complimented the shoes, but winced when they saw the blisters in progress. As one of them wisely pointed out, that's the price of being cute.

When I left class, I didn't even bother to wear them, just went barefoot through Parkland's halls and parking lot. I also drove home barefoot. I'm sure they'll break in eventually, we just need some time apart right now.

No comments: